What is Shaw Laminate Flooring?
How busy have you been lately? With carpooling, karate practice and ballet lessons, it is no surprise that many families today don’t really have a lot of quality down time to fall back on. When you finally do find that balance of work, family and friends who has time to spend cleaning their floors? Most don’t.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to not have to worry about the cosmetic appearances of your floors while your children are finger painting in the living room? Well now you don’t have to! Let’s take a look at Shaw Laminate Flooring.
Understanding the needs of growing families this laminate flooring, is not only incredibly durable but also beautiful, and functional in any family environment. Here are a few facts about Shaw Laminate Flooring:
- Easy Installation, Don’t spend days moving furniture and trying to maintain your household at the same time, LocNPlace and VersaLock technologies make installing Laminate Flooring a literal snap.
- Low-Maintenance, Cut your cleaning time down, just sweep and occasionally clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate flooring. We recommend Shaw’s R2X Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner.
- Environmentally Friendly, these laminates contain low levels of Volatile Organic Compounds, or VOCs, meaning that your home will have an overall healthier Indoor Air Quality. Talk about a fresh breath of air!
- Beauty with Braun, some of Shaw’s amazing Laminate Flooring options come with OptiGuard, a high-gloss, durable laminate finish that offers scratch resistance, while also dramatically increasing the realism and beauty of your floors.
- Long Lasting Dependability, Shaw Laminate Flooring offers 15, 20, and 25-year residential warranties for Laminate products used in dry, interior residential applications.
Ever wonder what laminate is exactly? Allow us to fill you in.
Shaw Laminate is constructed of four layers that are put through a direct-pressure manufacturing process that fuses the four layers into one very hard surface. The back is reinforced with melamine for structural stability and moisture resistance. Then you have the core board, which Shaw calls Opticore. This coreboard is strong, stable, and also moisture resistant. After the core board you have the decorative layer, which is actually a highly detailed photograph that gives the laminate an appearance of wood or tile. And finally, we have the melamine wear top layer. It provides a tough, clear finish that is reinforced with aluminum oxide, one of the hardest mineral composites known to man. This help to resist staining, fading, surface moisture and wearing even further!
No matter what life has to throw at you, you can rest assured that Laminate Flooring by Shaw will give you one less thing to worry about. So, what are you waiting for, plan your child’s birthday party, without having to worry about ruining your beautiful floors. Life is a mess, but with Shaw Laminate Flooring your home does not have to be.