Benefits of Mohawk Contract Carpets SmartStrand Dupont Sorona
Now meet the only carpeting that has rapidly renewable ingredients. SmartStrand® Contract modular and broadloom flooring is the biosource breakthrough that provides superior stain resistance, unmatched design flexibility and unsurpassed colorfastness—all with one-of-a-kind environmental advantages. By using contract carpeting that has SmartStrand made with Dupont™ Sorona®, and sacrifice nothing.
Carpet Fiber Created to be Sustainable
- This fiber is 37% renewably sourced ingredients by weight, replacing petrobased materials found in other carpets.
- The life cycle is extended and recyclable at the end of the use of the carpet.*
- 30% reduced manufacturing energy and emissions
- LEED Credit MR 6.0 compliant
Carpet Engineered to Perform
- Has inherent stain resistance
- 95% of stains clean easily with water
- Requires fewer chemicals, lower maintenance
- Resists fading and is colorfast to harsh cleaning agents.
- Long-term soil protection
- Exceptional durability, even in the harshest environment
Carpet Designed to be Beautiful
- Your Carpet Color starts and stays vibrant
- Brilliant Color Specturm – There are Unlimited dye methods
- Finally a beautiful source for biosource
*NOTE from Mohawk: Mohawk, in partnership with DuPont, has demonstrated SmartStrand Contract is able to be recycled back into carpet and diverse end use products. For any new product, particularly given SmartStrand Contract’s extended life, a time lag occurs prior to entering the recovery stream. As the recovery supply chain matures, broad based carpet-to-carpet recycling will be initiated.