Bedroom Flooring : Carpet or Hardwood for your Bedroom?
At Georgia Carpet Industries, we offer discount prices on Carpet of many different varieties - Residential Carpet, Commercial Carpet, Carpet Tiles, Hospitality Carpet and even Carpet Pads. We also carry a wide variety of Hardwood Flooring options – we have over 1 million square feet of Hardwood Flooring in-stock. We also offer a Hardwood Flooring Information Center on our website, full of design ideas and trends, answers to choosing the correct floor for your home, plus cleaning and installation information.
With all of these options in stock at Georgia Carpet Industries, you will have no shortage of options when it comes to choosing the appropriate flooring for your home. Today, we would like to discuss some of the options you have for bedroom flooring.
When specifically looking for bedroom flooring, the most common options are carpet or hardwoods. Everyone has a different preference; some people love the sleek look hardwoods can give a room, and other people love the comfort of a soft carpet.
No matter what your preference may be, you can find the perfect flooring for your bedroom. There are many pros to both carpet and hardwood, and ultimately it comes down to personal preference.
- It is soft and comfortable. When you step out of bed every morning you will land your feet on flooring that feels good.
- It is warmer in the winter. The last thing you want is to have cold toes first thing in the morning, and carpet keeps your feet feeling warmer during the cold months.
- It absorbs sound better than hardwoods.
- It is safer for kids. As a parent, you don’t have to worry about your kids slipping and falling and possibly hurting themselves. It’s also nicer for kids to play on the floor.
- Hardwood is easy to maintain, cleaning is simple and dust can easily be wiped away.
- Hardwood has a long lifetime. Since spills don’t create lasting damage and the traffic back and forth across the floor does not show, the life of hardwoods is much longer than carpet.
- They can alleviate allergies for some people who really struggle with them. Hardwoods can’t hold dust, pollen and other allergens.
- An area rug can be used if you still want the look and feel of carpet without the hassle.
- They are timeless. Hardwood flooring does not go out of style, and because they last so long, homes can keep their hardwoods for decades without any problems or replacement.
- Hardwoods provide better value for your home, which is great for resale potential.
There are also potential cons for each option. One of the cons of carpet is that is shows wear much more quickly than hardwood floors. One of the cons of hardwoods is that even though it lasts longer, it’s more cost upfront than carpet.
Ultimately, the choice of carpet or hardwoods is a personal preference. According “Carpet or Wood? Experts Lay Out the Pros and Cons of Each,” “Today, about 51 percent of all floor coverings in the United States are carpet.” This proves that the debate between carpet and hardwoods is basically split right down the middle.
When you choose carpet for your bedroom, you want to choose something that makes you feel comfortable and relaxed, since that is the place you go as your day unwinds and you get ready for bed. It’s also the place you wake up and begin your day, and you want to start out on the right foot (…pun intended). When choosing hardwood flooring for your bedroom, you want the look and feel of beautiful natural wood and the sleekness that comes with it.
There are so many options out there for buyers. Whether you’re looking for bedroom carpet ideas or you are interested in choosing a hardwood floor design, a flooring expert can help you with the entire process, so please do not hesitate to contact us at Georgia Carpet Industries and we will be happy to assist you.
No matter what you choose, the important thing is to be happy with your decision long-term. The flooring is the first thing chosen for a room, and it sets the tone for everything else. As long as the person living in the space loves the flooring that is all that ultimately matters.