Luxury Vinyl Tile Myths Busted! Get the Facts!
I’m sure throughout your research of luxury vinyl tile flooring, you have come across a few negative sides to it. Much of this information is due to lack of the want to push a product that can possibly alter the big seller’s numbers such as hardwood and tile. So today we will explore the many features and benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile.
The Features and Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile:
- Incredibly realistic photo replication of natural materials – The look and feel of nature’s best materials such as hardwood and real stone. These come at a much lower cost than the real deal. This is one of the best things about luxury vinyl tile.
- Brands with 100% Vinyl in the tile – If you are looking for a green flooring, its hard to better than this. Not only does it satisfy green building standards but it also earns LEED points in commercial applications.
- Safety Features – If safety is a big thing to you, rest assured that your going to be protected with luxury vinyl tile. It meets all required commercial flammability codes, slip resistance requirements and many other safety codes that you will be hard pressed to find in other traditional flooring.
- Easily Maintained – This is literally the easiest maintenance that you can get out of a flooring. A simple damp mopping is the only recommended cleaning procedure for luxury vinyl flooring.
- Amazing selections in almost every shape and size – The size options vary by manufacturer, but many styles are available in 12 x 12″, 18 x 18″, 12 x 24″ sizes, and planks in standard (3 x 36″ 4.5 x 36) and extra-large widths (7 or 9′ widths).
- Water Resistant – Luxury vinyl flooring is inherently water resistant and pretty good with spills too. It’s very important to install over flat, dry approved substrates so that no water seepage occurs beneath the floor.
- Scratch, stain, dent and scuff resistance – This is due tot he specialized wear layers, these are most commonly 20 mil; Amtico International offers a 40 mil layer. After these layers the floors are coated with urethane to enhance durability.
- Cost – Economics factor favorably into the specification of luxury vinyl for both commercial and residential applications, giving the look and feel of rich, natural materials at a lower cost.
- Incredible durability – Luxury vinyl tile is constructed to withstand commercial wear and tear, it’s probably way beyond the standards for residential use and could quite easily handle high-traffic areas with ease. Warranties vary by manufacturer, but it is not unusual to see 20 – 25 year warranties on brand name luxury vinyl tile.
- More resilient than most – The multiple layers of vinyl in luxury vinyl tile as well as a resilient backing as the foundation, luxury vinyl tiles and planks have much more resilience underfoot. It is far easier to stand on for long periods at a time. It also has the added benefit and it tends to be warmer underfoot than ceramic.
- Stellar aesthetics – Industrial looking floors are a thing of the past with the new luxury vinyl tile. Preconceived notions and misconceptions should be tossed away. This is the biggest factor that has caused interior designers to stand up and take note of the new face of this incredible flooring.
I hope that you enjoyed this and it has destroyed the myths surrounding luxury vinyl tile. Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Until next time, Happy home and flooring!